GDPR – It’s the buzz word that everyone is talking about at the moment, but what does it really mean for you and your customers?
To help you prepare for the new regulations and provide you with the information you will need to best support your customer’s needs we’ve created a series of data security focused roadshows. Joining us will be Paul Day, Technical Director at Filestream Document Management and Certified EU GDPR Practitioner.
So, let’s take a look at what we know about GDPR:
· Live date May 25th 2018
· UK will be subject to this regulation regardless of Brexit
· The EU GDPR (European Union General Data Protection Regulation) provides a coherent and thorough personal data privacy law across all EU member states
· GDPR aims to prevent security breaches and the loss of personal data by organisations that hold or process PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
· Affects any organisation that offers goods or services (even free ones) or monitors the behaviour of EU citizens
· More prescriptive than the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (which it replaces)
· Penalty for breaking the regulations can be financially extreme and significantly detrimental
· GDPR will be the lawful benchmark that all organisations who process or store PII must adhere to
How might this affect the print environment?
Printers and multifunctional devices (MFDs) are often taken for granted. We use them to print, scan, copy and store a vast range of documents and information from our PCs and mobile devices and then forget about them. The key word there is ‘store’ and the trouble is, these devices aren’t quite so quick to forget, as they all effectively have a substantial internal hard disk, which, if unsecured, can pose a major data risk.
Once we understand that printers store data, the risks become obvious. A data leak could cause huge reputational damage to a company as well as personal damage to individuals.
How can UTAX help?
GDPR is based on the German data protection programme, putting UTAX in an excellent position to ensure that you are providing your customers with the best tools to assist in working towards GDPR compliancy.
Our upcoming roadshows are designed, not only to inform you of the imminent legislation changes, but also to demonstrate our latest user-friendly range of Document Management solutions. The UTAX GDPR Pack, for example, is a software package that takes a holistic security approach with consideration of all safety-related processes:
· Encrypted transmission of print data
· Printout only after authentication via ID card, PIN code, username and password or with an established USB port
· Encrypting stored data at the MFP
· Overwriting of print data to the MFP
We will also be using the events as an opportunity to introduce our latest Document Management System, Filestream. Technical Director, Paul Day, will be joining us to offer an insight into what GDPR is, what it means for you and your customers and the affect it will have on the print environment. The UTAX team will then demonstrate the range of exclusive UTAX software and test drive some of UTAX’s newly released hardware products.
For more information or to register your attendance at one of the upcoming events visit www.utax.co.uk/solutionsroadshows